Each year thousands of visitors and students tour the Hower House Museum. Tours are conducted by the Hower House Museum Guild members: trained volunteer docents. The Guild members contribute hundreds of hours each year for tours and other activities and events at Hower House.
(Regular Tour Hours)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Noon until 3:00 pm
Holiday Sunday Tours: 1:00-4:00 pm
Self-guided walk-thru tours in November & December
Call for availability
Hower House is closed for all major holidays and in January.
(Note: We will be closed in both January and February of 2018 for holiday clean-up & maintenance)
Exhibits, educational programs, guest speakers, concerts, holiday festivities and other activities are presented that reflect the Victorian era as well as the history of the Hower Family and their elegant home.
- Video tour of the upper floors is available upon request.
- Cellar Door Store (CDS) is our unique gift/museum shop on our lower level. It is open during tour times, special events, and by appointment.
- Complimentary coffee and tea are available all year long in the CDS parlor.
- The House is fully air-conditioned for the hot summer months.
- Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more people. Call 330.972.6909.
ADMISSION: $8.00 adults, $6.00 senior citizens (65+ years), $2.00 for students; children six years and under are free with a paid adult admission.
WHERE: Hower House Museum, 60 Fir Hill, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 44325.
PARKING: Free onsite parking behind The Carriage House or in nearby University of Akron lots.